Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Such a horrible day...

Yesterday, something happened which scared the true life out of me....

JUst another day.... Just got back from some shopping... and I was doing some odd chores...
I turned around, and saw Nephy put something bluish in her mouth. 
I thought it was the blue hair-clip that she used to wear...
I pried open her mouth and tried to fish it out, but all that I could get out of her mouth was a small piece of bluish something... 
Horror of horrors, I thought that she had swallowed the baby clip, I tried giving a thump on her back to get it out... still, no go...

All I cud think of was... Run to the doctor...
I was in so bad a state of mind for fear of something happeneing to my lil baby. 
I ran and ran and ran for about 5 mins  to the clinic which is quite near my home. 
And all Nephy did was stare at me like I was crazy, and she was even nodding off.... That kinda ticked me off, thinking whatever that she had swallowed wasn't harming her.... 

Reached the clinic, but the doc had to take a bathroom break, at that precise moment. I had tough time forming words, one reason being fear, the other being exhausion... (U need to try n run for life carrying a 8 kilo baby once to know it....)

Another 2-3 mins, no sign of the doctor... I cursed n cursed n cursed.... 
By this time, Nephy neatly settled in my arms for her routine nap... and she almost slept off...

Then, slowly, realization took over fear... I began to think clearly for the first time since I saw put something in her mouth. Her baby-clip isn't too small for her to swallow it in one go... So, she must have atleast gagged on it. More reasoning... More sound reasoning... 
By this time, my mother had caught up with me, and she further assured that there were no baby clips in her toy box, coz she cleaned up the box last. 

The doc examined the baby, and said... Well, nothing stuck in her throat. So, Whatever it is, would be out in her poo within a day or two & to bring her in, if she vomits or is abnormal... 

Nothing abnormal untill now... She is fine & healthy... & Mother Mary & Jesus has thankfully saved us this time

The bluish something that I had taken out from her mouth, happens to be a piece of paper...
I guess she must have also swallowed a bit of it... Keeping a close watch on her poo-poo though ;)
[Hmm... Wat all a mother has to watch out for]

Yeah, the blue color baby clip had been there all this while in the drawer safely out of reach of Nephy!

No comments: