Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dark side of night time parenting

Its been a year and 2 months & 16 days since I slept through one whole night. Thats exactly the age of Nephy.

Even after a year, she firmly refuses to sleep through the night. Its quite frustrating. Sometimes, I take it out on Anto, Sometimes, I just take it out on Nephy, giving her a truck load of 'Don't u think amma is paavam' 'Don't u think amma needs to sleep' 'Won't you please let amma sleep a little' n such n so on... Of course, she goes back to sleep blissfully unaware of mom n her rantings.

I am so jealous of those parents who say that their baby sleeps through the night. How I wish, Nephy would sleep through the night, and end this dark phase at the earliest. Am so desperate, I even DREAM of sleep........... a velvetty soft bed, whitish white sheets, fluffy pink pillows, a white cotton night gown, a deep deep deep sleep, no dreams whatsoever, undisturbed for hours and hours... waking up to the smell of my mom's hot tea, and Nephy still sleeping next to me.... Bliss!
When... dear God... when??

I know, a good lot of you folks, who read my blog are people, who are planning to have babies in the near future. Do not get disheartened. Most of the babies start sleeping through the night by 4 -5 months or so, I hear. And ladies, please do get your beloved men involved in night time parenting. They would come up with creative, very creative reasons to why they have no part in it. Listen to none. Show no mercy. Do not make the same mistake that I did. You just can't do it alone. Am still trying my best to make Anto take care of Nephy in the night. But no go. I promise, I will still try my best though.









12 comments:

preethi said...

tell me about it!!
Hey nice blog Bets! do u recognize me? ;)

Betsy said...

Thanks Preeths...
I had a nice time reading your blog... I didn't know you had one, until now.

ECE said...

Hai akka, your blogs are really impressive.

Unknown said...

Publicaa manathaa vangathaa...

preethi said...

i too face the same problem bets.. and my husband doesnt help, but poor soul has to get up at 5.45 and catch the train at 6.45, sumtimes even without waking me up. So he is forgiven and no post abt it ;)

supersuf said...

total damage...but preethi seems to have a good point to let husbands off the hook :)

let them have a good sleep and slog out at work.

Unknown said...

I too have to get up at 9 & catch train to reach office at 10AM. I am also returning only at 6 PM ;-) . Antony Paavaam illa.

Ji said...

don't make her sleep in the day, keep her awake by playing with her... during night about about one or two hour before sleep play her and make her tired she will sleep peacefully night and so you.. try it may save you :).. make her daddy to play with her after coming home....

J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J said...

After reading it, anybody, at least your close ones should have felt empathized with your sleepless nights!! But I found myself laughing while reading.:)

Betsy said...

@Preeths : I know its diffi for your husband to look after the kid during weeknights... But make him do it in the weekends...
Watever, am not smart enough to make Anto look after Nephy, even during weekend afternoon... Nelamai engae remba mosam.

@ Anto : Nee seyuradha dhaane solren ma!

@Safiq : Sariye ella!

@ Iqbal : Thanks ji! Tried it all, still no go... She still doesn't sleep thro the night. If not anything, she would just wake up to make sure that I haven't gone missing... remba paasakkaara ponnu

@Jay : U heartless woman!

Betsy said...

Thanks Anton! Nice that u find it impressive.. honoured man... am honoured... Thanks again.