Yesterday night at 2...
It must about 2 am when Nephy woke up crying, rather screaming. Nothing
unusual, this is something that happens every single night. She usually calms down when I
give her her milk bottle. The time taken to mix up her drink (milk) is directly proportional
to her screams. The lesser the time taken, the lesser the screams. The greater the time
taken, the screams could get well beyond 20,000 decibels... tats unbearable. I am the
probably the fastest in the feat, and Anto.... (He would have to speak for himself)
Yesterday was no ordinary night. Her milk bottle didn't work its magic. She cried and
cried, pointing to the living room. Then we came to the living room. I tried to get her
back to sleep, but no good. The usual methods, the rocking, the walking, the
aaa-aaa-aa song, nothing worked. The crying and the confusing signs that she did
just went on and on.
Atlas, my mom-in-law thought of the last thing that she was playing with last night.
It happened to be my stitching kit and all the threads inside. It was then brought out,
and she happily grabbed it and asked every one of us to sit down with her and play.
You must have seen that big grin on her face then. Unbelievably, BIG!!
At 3:00, I slipped into my bedroom, leaving Nephy and her grandma to play. It must be
around 4, when she came back crying into the bedroom. Then the milk-bottle kinda
worked its magic. After finishing her milk, she sat up on the bed and kept staring into
my face for a good while. I slowly eased her into bed and patted her back gently and
before I knew, she drifted off to sleep.
Silly female! Play with threads in the middle of the night! How many days were you
planning this silly game!
She is playing with it right now, as am writing... wonder what tonight holds....

4 comments:
Really scary :(.. how come no sign of antony in the whole story ..
He did stay up with Nephy from 2 am to 4 am....
Now thats what a good dad would do!
I stayed awake too along with Nefy ..all these good things Betsy won't write about me...if I don't wake up , then that will be the Flash news next morning...
Great to see ur posts again.. :) keep blogging.. I have started writing some short stories.. http://my-short-stories-arvinth.blogspot.com/2009/11/lonely-night.html.. i know u r busy.. :) wen u have time.. do read and lemme know ur comments..
Post a Comment