Its a simple and a humble eatery, hidden inside Shaw Towers. A thai restaurant, Ah Loy Thai. The place was quite full and there was a queue too. We managed to get a table and it was Anto's boss' name that did the magic. I had no idea about Thai food except for Mango Salad and Tom Yum Soup. However, the latter wasn't my favourite because I always found it too hot and too spicy, almost a torture. I was wary, and Anto went ahead and ordered the following.
Tom Yum Soup
Kailan
Mango Crispy Chicken
Pandan Chicken
Mangp Salad
Kumquat Juice
The Juice came first, a tall glass of yellow liquid, had a slight lemon tinge, but very refreshing and very different.
The Tom Yum Soup, good enough for 3-4 people. We ordered Tom yum with prawns and mushrooms, and what a surprise it was. Simply just great. Wasn't too hot and too spicy, just perfect. I would strongly recommend it.
The Mango Salad, with chillies and a watery sauce on it.
Mango Crispy Chicken, as the name says, its crispy chicken and again it was the sauce that was totally 'grrrrrrrrreat'
Pandan Chicken , rolled in palm leaves. Well, the tomato chilli sauce did it again
Verdict : I think this place is a definite go-go. The food is absolutely fabulous and sure is interesting.
Pictures : Flicked from other sites on Ah Loy Thai. Oops...Sorry
Location : Shaw Towers, Singapore.
Thanks To : Anto!!



2 comments:
Sounds Yummy ;) Long time since I had a big meal like I used to have with my friends in TCS :)
Hey Arvinth,
it indeed was yummy. So, if you plan to go down to India via SG, I'll be glad to take u ther ;)
Whenz the next short story releasing??
Post a Comment