One sunny morning, I was hanging out my laundry and there was this lovely little yellow colored birdie who came flying down to sit on the hanging rod. By the time, I returned back with a camera to capture her, she was long gone. But, there was somebody else waiting for my return and who like a well-mannered professional, graced a few poses for my blog. A red and black insect on my bamboo hanging stick. If you have been to Singapore, you would be acquainted with the rather unusual laundry drying rod. A few bamboo sticks are used to hang out the clothes to dry in the sun. Quite ingenious, and I love the idea. However, I have had a few not-so-good incidents in the past, of dropping my clothes and I do go knocking on the folks who live in the floor below us asking favours. There had been times, when I had dropped a bamboo stick with Nephy's bed clipped on to it. It has already been a week since this happened, but I could still see the bed up on the tree...drying!! Hope, they don't take me in for killer litter. Considering the fact, that I live on the 15th floor, the bamboo rod with the bed would perfectly fit into the definition of a killer litter.
All said and done, its absolutely lovely to look down on the top of the trees from up high, and to see clothes hanging out floor after floor after floor. God save me, if am falling in love with Singapore and I have feeling that I slowly am.....



No comments:
Post a Comment