Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Natalie Rose - the highlight of my vacation

Natalie Rose - the highlight of my vacation

Natalie Rose is the highlight of my vacation. She is my brother 's baby, just turned one. It was very nice to watch the two of them together. Natalie has a nice vocabulary. She greets everyone with a 'Hi', rather a 'Aaaaiiii'.

Once her mother went for a bath, leaving her with me. Quality time with my neice. Her mother would have been gone only for 2 mins, and Natalie started crying for her mom. I said, let amma come, 'adi kudukkalaam'. Then I tried asking her, 'Amma-ku..' and she answered 'Adi'. Bingo!! I kept repeating it, and she caught on. Then, I tried to teach her,'Daddy-ku' 'Poya!'. Bingo again! I coached her well and she went on all day saying 'amma-ku... Adi' and 'Daddy-ku... Poya'. I also tried teaching her 'athai-ku... Ummaa', but she kept saying, 'Adi', how mean! I guess her mother would never leave her with me again :)

Her vocab also includes a 'Tha-Thu', translated its Thank-you. A Tha-thu for this, a tha-thu for that, a tha-thu for almost everything. The other day, my mother washed her butt after you-know-what. The lil one promptly said 'Tha-thu'... hehehe, a Thanks for washing her butt! FUnny lil creature!

Everytime, Nephy cries, she would imitate her with a 'amma..amma'! That brat!

Its fun to watch the two of them play. Nephy is always after whatever Natalie picks up. The two would always want to wear the other one's shoes. They would also umma each other. Later on, Nephy picked up this horrible habit of pushing Natalie. Whenever Nephy gets a chance to get near Natalie, she wud shove her with her hands,and the lil one would fall down. Poor being, Natalie actually thought it was some kinda game and would giggle... my poor lil sweetie.

Then Nephy fell sick and would always lie on my lap with no energy to do nothing. Natalie would try and poke her in her eyes , her nose, wud hit her head. 'An eye for an eye'

It was altogether just great to have the two of them together. Such lovely moments!

6 comments:

Nithya said...

With one kid .. life is too good.. i think with two little girls.. it wud have been great!! Good tat u had a nice time except for Nephy and u falling sick.. Sigh!!

Nithya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Arvinth said...

Nice one ;)

Unknown said...

ha haha...i love the sarcasm ;)

Betsy said...

Thanks guys!

J said...

lovely!!!!!!
J