Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Just a few extra kilos

I don't know where it all started. But there are quite a few false beliefs about pregnancy. Ok fellas, U might wanna stop here if you are feeling queasy. Seriously, am just gonna talk about weight-gain and nothing else, I solemnly swear so!

I was always of the thought that u get fat after ur first baby. Well, there weren't many in my friends gang, who had babies before me. Just a couple of them. Sumu... and she started to look like Sumo! Mathu... don't think she gained much. G3.... hmm, she did. Ann... yes, a bit. but I must assure you tgat they are all on the right track and losing it all day by day.

Me, I weighed a good 56 Kgs before my preganacy and weighed 68 Kgs just before delivery and weighed 64 the next day. Considering that Nephy weighed only 2.75, the rest must be all the water that the baby was floating in.

U wud be shocked to know how much I weigh now... about 51-52. Am sure, I would fit into a trousers that I wore when in my college days. Running around your baby, sure helps. Especially, your inner conscience starts talking bloody too much after the baby's arrival.

Everytime, am late on sterilising her things, my conscience talks crazy, keeps telling me that am knowingly, in full conscience, letting germs & wat-not into my baby's mouth. When am late about mopping with good-old-dettol, the big-mouth conscience starts screaming that Nephy is playing on something unclean. When am late on getting her breakfast done, it goes on and on about how she must be starving. When am late on changing her just-a-lil-wet clothes, there it goes again about how Nephy might catch a cold. When I take my eyes off her for just minute, it keeps reminding me of what horrible things she might find and put into her mouth.. so complaining...ddddduuuuuuuhhhhhh!

So, am on my feet all the time, doing the best I can. And the truth is, it has actually helped me lose all my extra kilos. Therz still a bit to go though. But unfortunately, I have been blessed.

Guess what, I have been gifted with people. Now, therz Nephy's grand parents and they keep running behind her. Therz a housekeeper, who deals with the rest. Life is just amazing when you don't have to budge so much, other than just to play with ur baby. About the extra kilos, I think am gonna put on more, and am just plain happy about it!


3 comments:

Arvinth said...

Good post!! I guess running behind a child is as much as running that we do in a b school, if not more :) So finally a post on mama of the child :) Keep it going..

Unknown said...

You are one of those really lucky Mama's Betsy to get back to your pre pregnancy weight so quickly..

Unknown said...

Very true Betsy....our conscience sometimes keeps bugging so much that we feel so guilty if we dont do it the proper way...like sterilising her pacifier or vaccuming the floor regularly....anyways its all part of being a mummy:)

-bency