The little missie talks and talks and talks and talks and... yes, on and on and on... and on and on and... you get the flow, right?
A few quips I want to jot down before I forget these jems.
An ant bit her, and she goes 'Naan nenakiren naan romba sweet-a erukken-nu, Ant vandhu yennai kadikudhu!' (I think I'm very sweet, this Ant is biting me.)
A little fellow at the playground trouble her, and she says 'Indha podiyan enn kitta vambu pannuran' (The essence is lost in the translation, so I didn't) The word podiyan that she had caught up, amazes me.
She was pretending to be mommy, and I as Nephy, she calls out to me to come and sleep on her lap, and I firmly refuse, to which she starts 'Nee vara matta? Appo naan Dora-kku Mummy aagiduven. Naan unakku mummy-a Dora-ku mummy-a?'. Had a really really good laugh that night, thanks to the little missy.
She has picked up this habit of picking her nose, and I came up with this rather brilliant idea of making her the monitor. So, anytime anybody picks their nose, she yells 'Amma, Look! Look!'. Sorry for any inconvience caused due to this Monitor's act.
I'm rather very proud of the tamil that she speaks,I think I've done a really nice job in gettin her to speak tamil, rather than going down the all English route, that seems to be the norm here and around.
Lovely hearing her speak in both... more to follow. :)

2 comments:
Bets.. very sweet di.. even my sis in law is like tat... cant forgot some words. its gud tat u track down..amma madriye ponnu :)
Yes darling you are so sweet,thatha and me are very happy and very proud of your language skill both in your mother-tongue and in english.
Post a Comment