Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya...


Finally, I stole an afternoon and watched the movie, Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya. Quite a difference from the usual tamil movies. I must say I loved it, except for the twisted ending. Looks like, tamil movies are steering towards a good path. Thank You Gowtham!!

A simple love story, beautifully said , absolutely lovable songs, Simbu(Karthik) & Trisha's(Jessie) neat acting. Must salute Simbu for having stayed away from his usual tortorous acts. Trisha , just lovely. Trisha's voice in the movie, which I believe is Chinmayi, added that extra pinch of essence. Jessie in her sarees, always pretty pretty. Karthik looked good too.

Love strikes at him, and then the girl too. A wedding in between. A love spell. A separation. A wedding again and the rest I have erased it off from my memory. Screw you Gowtham, for that twisted ending. I hate it. I would very much advise anyone who hasn't watched the movie yet, to walk out when the movie inside the movie ends.

Wow, how loves strikes.Still makes me wonder, how amazingly well it has been captured. Songs & the picturization were just out of the world. It still sweetly lingers in my heart. After a long time, I watched a movie, I truly love. If you know me, you would know that I am not a big fan of movies. I would rather spend an afternoon at home with my books. But, not this movie.

 My husband thought it was dumb for Jessie to leave Karthik, as she just didn't justify herself well. Well, I say its good enough of a justification when she says, 'I would rather be hated by you than by my parents'. Sounds a little extreme, but somehow it convinced me. Whatever....

All together, I think it was absolutely beautiful. Well, the movie would leave you dreamy... which would last for a good while.
Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya..
Pudavai katti-kondu Varuvaaya...

11 comments:

Arvinth said...

I too luved the movie a lot :) Especially the songs...

Annie said...

i think its a very real life ending ... i liked the movie a lot .. the ending too

Betsy said...

@Arvinth : Think the majority of us would like this movie. However, am not sure if this is something that would be appreciated by the older folks and folks outside the cities....

@Annie : I agree, very realistic...
and I still have trouble coming to terms with movies that have endings that aren't happy...

Michael said...

I am watching it tomorrow in a theater here :)

Betsy said...

@Prasanna: Shall I do u a favour, and tell you how it ends ;)

supersuf said...

love the new pics oh nephy kutty :)

J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J said...

Beautiful Pics Betsy!!I am talking about Nephy's!!She is very cuute.

Betsy said...

Suf & Jay : THanks guys!!

preethi said...

i liked jesse's characterisation and rahman's music :)

preethi said...

and yeah bets u've got nice pics of nephy in the blog..CUTE~