After 2 years, I finally managed to go to the theatre and watch a movie with Anto (Sigh! Sigh! I believe the feeling is mutual. Wish it was Jay & Prabs or Augus & Nithi & the rest of the coll gang)
When growing up, films weren't a part of family tradition. We never went to movies on family outings. As a kid, I remember, the only movie that we went as a family was 'Anjali'. Later on, during trips to KK, there were a few movies watched with cousins. Then, it was Prabs & Jay who opened up the world of cinemas when in school. In College, I don't even have to say, what the ten of us were up to? Crazy times!
Tats past. Sigh! Sigh! Sigh a lot!
It was my idea to watch a good tamil movie in good old Satyam on my last trip to Chennai. But you know what happened to my vacation? Chickungunya happened and nothing else happened. So, into the drain went my grand plans of Satyam cinemas & butter pop corn.
During chinese new year. With 4 days of holidays and no trip planned, we ended up staying at home for 4 days and Nephy provided all the necessary entertainment. It was the only long weekend for a long while , so a good chance to catch a movie, while the lil one was left at home with her grandma and the maid. Anto & I went to the theatre and damn! No tickets for the only tamil movie there, which happened to be Goa. Settled for an english movie. Valentine's day. Nothing great abt the movie. Too many characters, revolving around Valentine's day.
I realised a few things. In the first place, I was never a movie buff and still am not and movies don't give me the thrills. The second thing I realised was, Nephy was much of a better entertainer. The third thing, sweet pop corn is still tastes good.

2 comments:
Sweet Popcorn :).. i too see movies for Butter Pop corns.. but as u said Nephy wud have been a better entertainer.. but ya even i too remember the great days in coll.. every sem last exam wud end up in a movie.. awesome times!!
Nice post.. :)
Post a Comment